Tacoma Newbie

ToyoMan2.7

Hello Tacoma Forum! I just became a first time Toyota owner yesterday and couldn't be more in love!! I have a 2012 regular cab 4x4 (no TRD) with 106,200 miles on it. It's has the 2.7 liter 4 cylinder. Is there anything a newbie like me should be looking into doing as far as maintenance goes (besides the basics)?

Congrats on the truck. Welcome to the forum.
You should be good as long as the previous owner maintained everything on time. Next big service would be at 120k.
All my vehicles in the past if they had 100k miles when I bought them I'd replace all fluids everywhere so I knew where it was and could go from there.
You can create an account and plug the vin into Toyota's web site and it will tell you everything that was done at the dealer.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/parts...em&gclid=CLDHx7niitYCFVEYfgodK1QJvw&gclsrc=ds

Just like OR17TRD said, look at the maintenance history and change all the fluids.
The 2.7 liter is a tried and true motor. They’ve been using them since the gen one Tacoma’s. I’ve had four of them myself. They are tough as nails.
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the forum.

Wow thanks for the good info guys. That is what I needed to know. My dad has a gen 1 prerunner and I have heard him talk about having to do the timing belt after so many miles. I wasn't sure on how many miles when I needed to look into that.

Back