Tacoma TRD Pro

jyuzamas

I just heard today that the Tacoma TRD Pros will start being built in July and delivered in August or September.

From what it sounds like some of the options that go on other Tacomas or are offered by TRD will not be included in the TRD Pro option list.

If you would like to see any of the following options or all of the option be avaliable on the new Tacoma, please email or call Toyota customer service and voice your opinion.

It is nice to see they included the scoop and painted bumper from the Sport, but I would also like to see the following added to the list.

1. Entune premium JBL with Nav and subwoofer
2. Graphite Softech Leather with heated seats
3. Supercharger
4. Big Brake kit
5. Painted sport mirrors

Please email or call Toyota customer service and voice your opinion on what options you would like to see. Maybe we can sway them to add some of these items on to the truck before production starts.

Let Toyota know you are ok seeing a Tacoma go over the $40,000 price mark. I beleive this is the only reason they will not add these items on, because they are afraid people will not by the top of the line Tacoma for $40,000-45,000. They need to realize even at this price, the truck is still $10,000 cheaper than a Ford Raptor. Yes I know it is not a Raptor and if I wanted a Raptor I would buy one.

I also know there will be a lot of people saying you can add better shocks and a better stereo aftermarket. Yes I agree, but I dont want a 20 year old kid tearing my new truck apart and I dont want to spend the time to do it myself. I want to by a turn key, just like a Ford Raptor and drive it. That is what the Toyota experience should be.

Phone:
800-331-4331 Fax:
310-468-7814
M-F 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT
Sat 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

Email:
http://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask

Will they make it in blue? And maybe this time they could make trd rims to sell aftermarket to other owners with older tacomas (an 07 trd pro)

Just build the truck. It will be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it as a package from Toyota. Find a good shop to do the work. Who do you think builds these trucks. Highly skilled scientists? If you don't put in some work you will never have the exact truck you want.

If I call and voice my opinion it will be to stop making the overpriced TRD Bro package.

Last edited:
I think they could make money selling some of the parts aftermarket... Like grilles, rims, and the scoop. That way people could just buy a part or two for theirs and do whatever else they want.

They don't sell the parts because they want to keep the package exclusive. But everything it includes is pretty much bling. You can do much better on your own.

If you want a customized Tacoma I can give you my car brokers name and number. When you build a Tacoma on their website it's at dealer price. I saved about $2000 on my 2014 DCLB. Plus I added some accessories that I REALLY didn't need. But it's my first truck so I kinda wanted to put as much as I could.

DBL CAB 4X4 L/B
TRD-Sport w/Entune Premium & JBL Audio

i.e.
First Aid Kit26,
VIP (Vehicle Intrusion Protection) Security26,
Tube Steps(Black Powder Coat)26,
Paint Protection Film26,
BedStep®26,
Roof Rack26,
TRD Air Filter26,
Cargo Net (Exterior)26,
Front Skid Plate26,
TRD 16-In. Off-Road Beadlock Style Wheels26,
TRD exhaust System

Lol and after I signed up for this forum I kinda regret a few things. I should of went with viper security, aftermarket skid plate, and other stuff. But ohh well lol I guess you learn from mistakes. Also, unfortunately I'm gonna be a noob and ask a lot of questions and advice. (No worries I'll do as much research as I can to spare you guys from my ton of future questions lol)

They don't sell the parts because they want to keep the package exclusive. But everything it includes is pretty much bling. You can do much better on your own.

Yeah, and stuff like thats just selling few people the EXACT truck they want. If you have any opinion that some of the stuff isnt needed your screwed. I just like the hood rims and grille, but i would NEVER pay $40000 for that. I can biy nice black rims for $550 (including the install), a hood scoop for $50 (excluding paint job) and i can deal without my grille saying toyota... Itll be interesting to see who actually buys into it.

Back