Tacoma Whistle

Snowtaco

I have a 2013 extended cab 4x4 TRD. There's a slight whistle when driving down the road at certain speeds. In talking with someone, they indicated it might be the seal on the new truck. I was in a really bad wind storm the other day and it sounded awful. Have any of you experienced this sound on your taco?

I believe there is a TSB for the windsheild seal. My truck does it when there is a strong crosswind. It sounds like a kazoo though. I don't hear it very often so I never had it fixed.

I have a 2013 double cab. Also have a whistle in windshield. Brought it in and was told they didn't hear it. Would love to know if there is actually TSB. It's very annoying

Looks like TSB NV006-07. If they don't want to do it you can always try putting screen door rubber stripping in the seal gap.

There is another TSB for the headlight seal because that can whistle as well.

Only whistle I've heard is when a strong cross wind happens. Not from the windshield but from the back access doors around the top. Not to concerned with it only hear it once in a blue moon and only when sitting still, never driving.

My 2013 double cab had a whistle. Dealership found and fixed it through TSB-0144-13 for the grill. It would start up at about 55 and could be heard over the radio. It's gone now.

Thank you for that info!!!! I will look into it. The whistle I am hearing seems to be more from windshield but who knows. Thx again

I thought it was from my windshield too. Taped it off and it was still there. It was driving me nuts. I hate whistles. My 02 Tacoma had a whistle. The dealership replaced the windshield thinking that was where it was coming from. Still had the whistle. They then taped the whole front end, every open space it had. Drove down the road, stoping and pulling off one piece of tape at a time until the whistle showed itself. They found it and it was behind the turn signals. They put some foam tape behind them and I never heard it again. Then I get this 2013 model and I'll be danged if it didn't have a whistle. This time though Toyota already had a TSB on it. It was a 20 minute fix. They did have to order the "parts" to fix it however.

Mine was the gasketing between the hood and the grill I slid some 1/4 inch air tubing inside the gasket and it went away, sprayed a little wd to get it in easier you have to do the gaskets above the head lights also. I got this fix from another taco forum a little while back.

I get some whistle/ road noise??? I have those side window plastic vets on my 2009 Tacoma??

I have a 2013 tacoma that I purchased over 4 months ago. It has 68,000 miles on it and not sure what kind of maintenance the dealer did on it. What would any of you recommend me doing for any maintenance besides oil change

I have a 2013 tacoma that I purchased over 4 months ago. It has 68,000 miles on it and not sure what kind of maintenance the dealer did on it. What would any of you recommend me doing for any maintenance besides oil change
You can start a new thread:)
You can always check your owners manual. Go into your local dealer and have them print the maintenance record they have on file for your vin. That will tell you at least what's been done at toyota.
60k on gen2 Tacoma is:
new plugs
Front and rear differential oils including limited slip
Transfer case oil
Automatic transmission fluid
grease the 5 u joint zerks
Re torque propeller shaft bolt
Tighten chassis nuts and bolts
Replace air filters engine and cabin
Rotate tires
Inspect:
Brakes and lines
All boots
Radiator fluid
I'm probably missing somethings but that's what I would do. Peace of mind it's been done if there is no records of it.
You could pull a few plugs and look at them see if they've been replaced recently, look at and smell all the drive oils see how they are. Check the air filters before buying them. That might give you an idea of what's been done recently.

Back