Tailgate lock...

Ok so I got my 2020 a week ago and saw I needed the bed led kit and the tailgate kit. Bought the OEM led kit and it looks like a chore to put in,but that’s ok. Before buying the OEM tailgate remote kit I saw it conflicted with the led kit. Was wondering if the aftermarket tailgate kit would conflict, too. Thoughts? Thx in advance

Ok so I got my 2020 a week ago and saw I needed the bed led kit and the tailgate kit. Bought the OEM led kit and it looks like a chore to put in,but that’s ok. Before buying the OEM tailgate remote kit I saw it conflicted with the led kit. Was wondering if the aftermarket tailgate kit would conflict, too. Thoughts? Thx in advance

Mine came with the OEM bed LED kit, I’m having the dealer install the tailgate kit on Wednesday (I negotiated it in when buying the truck). Being from Toyota, it should be fine- where did you see about them conflicting?

I can let you know how the install went after I get it done.

Got mine installed- no issues at all with the bed LEDs. They wired it to one of the passenger side doors (so it takes 2 clicks on the remote to open it)- makes a HUGE difference for getting into the bed.

On my ram i put a hose clamp around the hing that has the slot in it.
Now to steal my tailgate they would have to have a screwdriver, and waste time undoing it. Much better than needing no tools, and 4 seconds to steal it.
I should grind the head off enough to remove the groove for a screwdriver, so they need a socket and extension.

Back