Tailgate Pad for hauling bicycles

AZ Pete

Does anyone have experience using a tail gate pad to haul your mountain bike? I am considering one, but have reservations about damaging the tail gate.
5c5036d6e4793514a6be112228e8bed1.jpg

I am not looking at this one specifically, just providing the photo for clarification.

The pads seem to be seen more often here, but I haven't talked to anyone who uses one...potential tailgate damage is why I would like to hear about some first hand experience.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

Personally, that does not look very secure to me and potentially scratching up things like B-Man said. I have bikes and depending on the vehicle (like my truck) I would use the rack style that fits in your hitch receiver. Easy to use.

I’ve seen a Dakine tailgate pad with some type of tie down. Never used one but it would seem to be much less expensive, if you don’t scratch the bikes or tailgate, than a good hitch rack that can be $500.

I use a tailgate pad all the time doesn’t scratch anything, but I am now selling my raceface tailgate pad because I want to buy a hitch rack so I can leave my tonneau cover secure
So hey if anyone wants to buy a raceface pad hit me up it’s like new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back