Take off TRD wheels/tires

Prerunner14

Got a chance to get a set of Take off TRD bronze bead lock style wheels with BFG all terrain 265-70/16 tires with about 3500 mi. My question is, is the quality of the OEM BFG's different than replacement tires. And are TRD wheel lug nuts different than what I have on my '14 off road 4X4 I read something about using spline type lug nut. I can buy the set for what wheels alone cost at dealership.

Got a chance to get a set of Take off TRD bronze bead lock style wheels with BFG all terrain 265-70/16 tires with about 3500 mi. My question is, is the quality of the OEM BFG's different than replacement tires. And are TRD wheel lug nuts different than what I have on my '14 off road 4X4 I read something about using spline type lug nut. I can buy the set for what wheels alone cost at dealership.
Tires are the same if you buy them from the dealership or not. I had the same wheels on mine. They came stock just in grey. When I put the FJ wheels on I had to put different lug nuts on from what were on when I bought it. Just take one of yours off and see if you have the same ones.

Tires are the same if you buy them from the dealership or not. I had the same wheels on mine. They came stock just in grey. When I put the FJ wheels on I had to put different lug nuts on from what were on when I bought it. Just take one of yours off and see if you have the same ones.

The stock tires are of lower quality. When you buy replacements, you'll get the full value of the tires. The tires that come stock are good enough for D.O.T. standards and that's about it. They met the minimum requirements only, not the full requirements of the tire manufacturer.

The stock tires are of lower quality. When you buy replacements, you'll get the full value of the tires. The tires that come stock are good enough for D.O.T. standards and that's about it. They met the minimum requirements only, not the full requirements of the tire manufacturer.
Is that all tires? Mine came with BFG A/T. So your saying that even those are of lesser quality?

Went a different direction and bought a set of new BFG All Terrain T/A KO2's. 265/75-16. Lifetime rotate and balance. On stock aluminum rims.

Back