Talk to me about tires.

Ruby

So I have had my TRD pro for 5 days now and want to start getting new goodies for it. I've gotten a few small things but am thinking about different tires.

I know nothing about tires. Seriously-nothing! But I want to learn.

I know that I have 16". Do I have to get new wheels if I get bigger tires? How do I know how to choose? The main thing that I am looking to accomplish is to make it not look so "empty" above the tires-seems like a lot of open space.

Is it reasonable to assume I could sell the current tires and/or rims to offset some of the cost? How much could I reasonably expect to get for them? My husband said he would be happy to put them on his FJ if I can't sell them. Lol

Use tire rack to check ratings for different conditions.
Dont get suckered in to the prices, more expensive is not better... bfg all terrains have always been more expensive than most tires and there is nothing special about them and have been getting terrible ratings from forums when unbiased people rate them. Steer clear of the fabclub who buy tires based on advertising, or the "cool factor"... bfg plays heavily to this and counts on people not knowing better.

What are your main uses, and will you need a specialty tire like mud, or will a normal all terrain work?

Does road noise bother you?

Last edited:
Back