The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

How'd friday go for ya, G? Get everything done you sent out to accomplish this morning?

Had a good day. Can’t complain. I’m glad to hear the dealership/ Chevrolet did your dad right. I’ve always said it ok to make a mistake as long as you make it right.

Had a good day. Can’t complain. I’m glad to hear the dealership/ Chevrolet did your dad right. I’ve always said it ok to make a mistake as long as you make it right.
Thanks! Yeah, they made it right with him and they should have. He's happy so I'm happy! I'm sure they're gettin the crate engine from the dealer just east of me 10 miles.......they're the region supplier of GM engines. Sounds like they'll get it next week and install it and he'll be ready to go.

All that matters is all parties are happy. I talk to customers all day everyday. Mistakes happen and you just try to make everyone happy

Well, update on dad's Silverado. They tore the engine down today........main bearing of #3 cylinder went out.........ruined the crank, piston.......pretty much everything inside........They had a conference call with GM Rep and they're providing a New Crate Engine.......free install........free towing........Dad will pay nothing. I'm happy for him. Still didn't have the nerve to tell him my TRDOR run well today! LOL

On a side note........evidently Chevy is having problems with their V8s and the #3 cylinder.......the Rep said they've had to replace quite a few engines due to this. She didn't give any #s but she admitted there's a problem.

Hate that for your dad but glad they’re getting it fixed. The funny thing is that the 5.3 and G80 Eaton is the things Chevy had going for it. This must be a brand new ‘18 issue. I actually respect the 327 with AFM. It’s a great motor.

Hate that for your dad but glad they’re getting it fixed. The funny thing is that the 5.3 and G80 Eaton is the things Chevy had going for it. This must be a brand new ‘18 issue. I actually respect the 327 with AFM. It’s a great motor.
The way the GM rep was saying that #3 cylinder is an issue on the '18 models. And like you, I've always liked a GM engine.

Mornin Everyone! Cloudy skies and 11° here this morning! 11°????.........isn't it April????

Got a big weekend planned?

Well,... yeah actually,... catching a plane to Amsterdam. My best man and his wife are in Belgium. Haven’t seen them in many years. Going on a Northern lights trip way up in the Arctic Circle in Norway, we’re a little late but it’s going to be a new moon while we’re there so hopefully we’ll catch a glimpse or two. My wife is excited to tour the Anne Frank House, I’m excited for the coffee shops. [emoji38] We’re going on a few day trips around where our friends live. I’m pretty stoked but, man! This trip came up fast!!! We’re also putting an offer down on a townhouse for a rental property this weekend,... that timing couldn’t have worked out worse,... [emoji23]

Well,... yeah actually,... catching a plane to Amsterdam. My best man and his wife are in Belgium. Haven’t seen them in many years. Going on a Northern lights trip way up in the Arctic Circle in Norway, we’re a little late but it’s going to be a new moon while we’re there so hopefully we’ll catch a glimpse or two. My wife is excited to tour the Anne Frank House, I’m excited for the coffee shops. [emoji38] We’re going on a few day trips around where our friends live. I’m pretty stoked but, man! This trip came up fast!!! We’re also putting an offer down on a townhouse for a rental property this weekend,... that timing couldn’t have worked out worse,... [emoji23]

Wow. Busy weekend. Enjoy yourself and have a safe trip.

Dang! You do have a busy weekend! LOL

You and your wife have a safe trip and enjoy!

Back