the climate crisis...

Yeah, it felt like some clown was chugging past my home at 10:20 am in a 470 excavator, but when I looked, no one was out there.
Right now the skis are spitting sleet.

Last edited:
what do U know about this

U.S. Senate candidate goes viral for blaming NY earthquake on climate change, deletes post​

Story by Gabriel Hays

Green Party member U.S. Senate candidate for New Jersey Christina Amira Khalil went viral after posting a theory to social media that the earthquake that rocked New York and New Jersey on Friday was caused by climate change.

Prominent social media users mocked the post, which also received an X "Community Note" fact check providing the real reason for the event.

Khalil took so much criticism for the post that she ended up deleting it and switching her account to "protected" mode so that the public couldn’t view her posts any longer.

1712487887071.png

Following the 4.8 magnitude earthquake that was felt New York, New Jersey, and other northeast U.S. states, Khalil posted on X, "I experienced my first earthquake in NJ. We never get earthquakes. The climate crisis is real. The weirdest experience ever."

The aspiring politician’s theory went viral only hours after it was posted, gaining millions of views thanks to the help of big accounts sharing it for the sake of mocking it on their feeds.

Users like GOP Congressman Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, laid into the progressive politician’s post, writing, "Holy crap. I was just joking about people blaming climate change and then this genius pops up. A Senate candidate no less!"

Conservative commentator Paul Szypula wrote, "Senate candidate Christina Amira Khalil just said that ‘climate crisis’ caused today’s earthquake in New Jersey. Climate doesn’t cause earthquakes — they’re caused by tectonic plates shifting. This woman is a moron."

Pro-Trump influencer "Brick Suit" wrote, "Christina Amira Khalil, a U.S. Senate candidate from New Jersey, blocked me after I asked her to explain her position that today's earthquake in New Jersey was caused by ‘the climate crisis.’ What a snowflake."

The Babylon Bee Editor-In-Chief Kyle Mann joked, "Gonna have a call with my Babylon Bee writers to figure out how we failed to come up with ‘the earthquake was caused by climate change’ before the libs did."

Conservative author Carmine Sabia wrote, "The hilarious part is, she’s doubling down on this climate, change and earthquake link with links to stories. Earthquakes have been happening for billions of years. But now it’s the climate. I keep telling you these people are not serious. Pay no attention to them."

Prominent right wing influencer account "The Rabbit Hole" provided an observation, stating, "Random earthquakes can be attributed to climate change but we can’t point out the obvious connection between crime rates rising in 2020 to depolicing movements like BLM."

In addition to the mockery, Khalil received an official "Community Note" fact-checking her post. It stated, "NJ is located near a fault line, and has often experienced earthquakes."

After seeing all the ridicule, the candidate replied in a follow-up post, stating, "Pretty cool, I upset a lot of bots."

However, she eventually deleted the post and locked her account so that the public couldn’t see its activity.

Fox News Digital reached out to Khalil for comment.

U.N. climate chief says two years to save the planet​

By Simon Jessop and Kate Abnett

LONDON/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Governments, business leaders and development banks have two years to take action to avert far worse climate change, the U.N.'s climate chief said on Wednesday, in a speech that warned global warming is slipping down politicians' agendas.

Scientists say halving climate-damaging greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 is crucial to stop a rise in temperatures of more than 1.5 Celsius that would unleash more extreme weather and heat.

Yet last year, the world's energy-related CO2 emissions increased to a record high. Current commitments to fight climate change would barely cut global emissions at all by 2030.

Simon Stiell, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change said the next two years are "essential in saving our planet".

"We still have a chance to make greenhouse gas emissions tumble, with a new generation of national climate plans. But we need these stronger plans, now," he said.

Speaking at an event at the Chatham House think-tank in London, Stiell said the Group of 20 leading economic powers - together, responsible for 80% of global emissions - urgently needed to step up.

Been drying out. It's been warm, and sunny for a few days now. I can actually walk through my yard without sinking in mud. Grass is growing like on steroids. This morning it's overcast with sprinkles.

Next door neighbor just mowed their lawn for second time. With all the past rain here, the grass is turbo charged.

temporary humidity attack
cooled off since
and a lookout for them tornadoes beginith

Twisters here are rare, but they do happen certain years. Some years back a funnel cloud developed over the lake water here, flipping my dock, and boat moored to it as it touched down. Next day had to use my tundra with heavy ropes to pull the whole mess out.

Back