Thermostat Replacement

OleRed607

My name is Brad Huneycutt...I am new to this forum. Thank you for having me. I am also new to trying my hand at doing my own mechanicing. I recently purchased a 2000 Tacoma with the V6. The thermostat I'm guessing was stuck open causing the truck not to warm up. I replaced the thermostat today took a spin around town and the truck started to over heat. I purchased the new thermostat from advance and when I took the old one out I realized the two didn't match identically. Tomorrow I am going back to advance and going to make sure they gave me the right part. Any other suggestions or helpful pieces of advice are welcome. Maybe something else could be wrong??? Thanks for reading!

It's not uncommon to get a big air bubble in the cooling system when do any work to it. If it's the right part you will need to get the bubbles out. I assume you topped off the cooling system after the thermostat replacement? Clearing the system can be a P.I.T.A. It is also not uncommon to start to overheat just before those air pockets clear out.

I ended up getting the OR exact thermostat and did bleed the system this time around and it is working fine now. Thank you

Back