tie down hooks in plastic bed

TEEZEE

Hey gents, has anyone hauled dirt bikes using the steel loops in the front bottom corners of the bed ? I just have this vision of breaking the loops out and my bike doing cartwheels down the highway.

Welcome to the forum. They’re a lot tougher than you’d think. I’ve hauled some pretty heavy stuff attached to them.
Slide the adjustable tie downs to the front and reinforce tie the bikes to them also.

The tundra ones hold 220lbs each, but the rails are very weak. There is a aftermarket tire carrier that mounts to a single bedrail and its caused multiple owners rails to crack for instance.

heres the toondra cleat, and I THINK itll work with the tacoma

PT278-34070

Hey gents, has anyone hauled dirt bikes using the steel loops in the front bottom corners of the bed ? I just have this vision of breaking the loops out and my bike doing cartwheels down the highway.
That would be a sad sight to see. :(
My cousins been using them for his bikes for years. I haven’t heard of his bikes doing cartwheels without him on them.
The actual weight isn’t that much when you are using them like that it’s only to support the bike from tipping side to side. Don’t drive like a mad man until you get on the bike haha.
Welcome to the forum. Let’s see this set up :)

RenderedContent-045DEB2B-5A02-4836-915F-A1AFAA1EFF90.JPG
Here’s the t nuts and fist clamps I added to my rail system but I was probably $20 deep in them.
If I’d have known about the JP option @whippersnapper02 uses I’d have bought them instead and spent a little more.
Either way, you get an extra adjustable tie down at a decent cost.

Back