Tire Pressure Sensor?

HokieMan

Hello and Merry Christmas folks. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the low tire pressure sensor? The low tire pressure warning light came on on my 2010 Taco....I checked all 4 tires on the ground and the pressures are perfect. Checked the spare and it was low so I pumped it to the prescribed 29 psi and still cannot get the low tire pressure warning light to go out. Wondering if I have a faulty sensor...??

I've already tried the button on the lower dash, followed the directions in the manual to the letter and it will not reset.

Hello and Merry Christmas folks. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the low tire pressure sensor? The low tire pressure warning light came on on my 2010 Taco....I checked all 4 tires on the ground and the pressures are perfect. Checked the spare and it was low so I pumped it to the prescribed 29 psi and still cannot get the low tire pressure warning light to go out. Wondering if I have a faulty sensor...??

If you’re right on the nose with recommend pressure it may be related to the weather changing and getting colder leading to decreased pressure. I’ve even put 2-3 lbs extra in all mine when it’s happened to me before and it took care of it.

I had read that the batteries in sensors have about a six year life. Perhaps one of the batteries died?

Like Bogunn said, try a few extra lbs above recommended and drive a few miles. Then reset and see if that clears the warning light.

Yep...checked spare tire as well. I made sure all the pressures were at 29 psi as the door sticker says and it wouldn't reset. I tried raising the pressures to 36 psi like some suggested and it still will not reset. I have an appointment Fri morning to take it the local Toyota dealer.

Back