Tire upgrade 3gen

isaactacomargv

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1451413916.250109.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1451413937.414100.jpg

Undecided which tires to go with either with wrangler duratrac or cooper stt pro, running 265/65/17 right now don't want to mess with suspension so going a tad bigger to get the meaty look going with 265/70/17, what do y'all recommend ! Thanks

It depends on what kinda driving you do. I do 90% city driving and for my taco I went with 265/70/18 Hercules terra trac II a/t tire. Has a decent meaty look but can also get close to 70,000 for mileage. And also a great price

Agreed! KO2 is bad ass. Thats what I have on my 16

I have the K02s on my 2015 and 16 and trucks runs excellent. Just went through major snowstorm here and had no issues with traction or braking on either vehicle. Tires are also very quiet considering tread. Would not hesitate to buy another set if I ever need to. Dealership has special now buy 3 get 4th for 1 cent.

I'm glad to hear it, I just bought set and plan to be driving through snow quit frequently.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    590.4 KB · Views: 83
I like the look of those. What size are they and how much did you pay?
Thank you, they're , bF ko2 275/65/17, $265 each but I know they can be found cheaper. I got a package deal with lift and wheels, in the end I got a good deal but not on each tire

I payed 265 a tire for 10 ply toyo m/t hurts my mpg and can barely turn them but I haven't been stuck yet so

I have the K02s on my 2015 and 16 and trucks runs excellent. Just went through major snowstorm here and had no issues with traction or braking on either vehicle. Tires are also very quiet considering tread. Would not hesitate to buy another set if I ever need to. Dealership has special now buy 3 get 4th for 1 cent.
What size K02s? How was your mpg affected?

I put 265/70/17 Goodyear Adventures. I drive in deep snow a lot. No lift. No rubbing. Weathertecs flap. They are quiet, with tough sidewalls and don't weigh a lot. $193 each. Swapped from OEM Toyo 265/65/17. Get around 19 MPG. 70/30 city/hwy.

View attachment 7681View attachment 7682

Undecided which tires to go with either with wrangler duratrac or cooper stt pro, running 265/65/17 right now don't want to mess with suspension so going a tad bigger to get the meaty look going with 265/70/17, what do y'all recommend ! Thanks

we put the KO2 on my wife FJ the guy at Americas tire said the Duratrac would not last as long.

And if you drive off road the KO2 are nice but I will be putting a mud terrain on my 16 Tacoma (likely another set of Maxxis Bighorn), the outer knobs on the KO2 are not staggered enough for my liking off road and the tires wander as the near strait edge grabs the sides of rutted tracks on dirt roads and trails.

Back