Tired of my leveling kit. Want a 2 1/2 to 3 inch front lift and rear to match/level.

Ride stiffness does increase with preload. However they are springs out there that require less preload for lift. Also something like OME can be ordered with their spacer to gain lift so you don't have to preload the coil as much. Yes a spacer but their assembly is designed for it.

Something like a progressive AAL or Dakar pack has multiple springs to lift but not add to ride stiffness.

Ride stiffness does increase with preload. However they are springs out there that require less preload for lift. Also something like OME can be ordered with their spacer to gain lift so you don't have to preload the coil as much. Yes a spacer but their assembly is designed for it.

Something like a progressive AAL or Dakar pack has multiple springs to lift but not add to ride stiffness.

Why would a 1" block in the rear cause a harsher ride than stock? It wouldn't change the leaf spring rate. In the front I would not go more than 2 1/2" over stock.

I have two concerns, coilovers will be stiffer as you raise the truck so shouldn't they start at around 2" and got to maybe 3" ? also, adding rear spring would actually stiffing ride since there would be more?

Ome with correct coils for your cab and any aftermarket bumper will ride smoother and 5100s or ome shocks have different valving which smooths things out.
Out back, a PROGRESSIVE add a leaf will yield a smoother ride than stock (notice how stock rear end wants to hop and buck around any bumps?). 5100s will again help with rebound and keep the ass more planted, yet smooth and compliant with the progressive aal.

Been there done that. I removed the overload as well... truck rides on 5100s front and rear, eibach 2" front... and icon progressive in the rear.

Ive been in a dblcab short bed with ome 3" coils and it rode smooth imho.

Ive also ridden in an access cab with toytec "ultimate" lift set to 3" and it rode like a tank.

Why would a 1" block in the rear cause a harsher ride than stock? It wouldn't change the leaf spring rate. In the front I would not go more than 2 1/2" over stock.
A block will increase axle wrap. The larger the block, the worse it is. Im not sure if it changes the ride, ive never had 1 and never will. They also tend to make the leaf pack sag faster.

Maybe if u put a block on with stock struts?
The rear travel is limited by the struts quite a bit... so a block may make things worse i suppose?
Undo your rear struts... watch that droop

I contacted Toytec Lifts web site via email and here is what they recommend but I have concerns since it's their stuff. My original thought was using OME and 5100's in rear. Thoughts? Thanks.....

Hello Ken,
I would personally recommend going with the BOSS kit in your situation, the front coilovers are fully adjustable from 1-3'' of lift, diff drop, your choice of rear lift options : (Toytec 1.5-2'' AAL, Progressive 3 pack AAL (2''), BOSS leaf pack (2'') or the OME Dakar packs(2-2.5''). ). Along with BOSS rear shocks, shims, front diff drop kit, sway bar relocation brackets. Everything you will need to get your Tacoma back up in the air properly and give it great ride quality.
The BOSS brand is Toytec's brand, so what we did was paired up with the engineers at Eibach to build and valve the shock specifically to the weight of each vehicle we sell the product for.

Here is a link to the kit: http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...oss-Suspension-System-for-05-Tacoma_p_15.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

For the same price I can get the OME kit so just wondering if maybe I should stay with it VS Toytec's Boss kit?
Id go ome personally.... just because arb/ome is more well known in the community. Also ive ridden in a tacoma with a 3" ome lift and it was nice

Id go ome personally.... just because arb/ome is more well known in the community. Also ive ridden in a tacoma with a 3" ome lift and it was nice

Thanks, kinda what I was thinking. OME brand VS ???? I did read the OME is not adjustable and is only 2" needing a 1" spacer to get 3". The Toytec is a fully adjustable coilover with max of 3". Both kits are the same price and Toytec comes with the coilover assembled. I'm usually a Brand kind of guy but it sounds like the Toytec might be better? Same 600# spring rate and AAL as OME. Dang.......wish I had some feedback on the Toytec setup.

Last edited:
Thanks, kinda what I was thinking. OME brand VS ???? I did read the OME is not adjustable and is only 2" needing a 1" spacer to get 3". The Toytec is a fully adjustable coilover with max of 3". Both kits are the same price and Toytec comes with the coilover assembled. I'm usually a Brand kind of guy but it sounds like the Toytec might be better? Same 600# spring rate and AAL as OME. Dang.......wish I had some feedback on the Toytec setup.
Alot of adjustable coilovers for us incorporate a large hat......tell me thats not an integrated spacer?

Ome has multiple coils avail. Isnt there a sub 600 thats longer than stock?

Wheelers, headstrong and a few others will assemble ome to billy or ome struts for you and then ship.

Just off tops of my brain bucket

Maybe im biased after riding in a taco with the toytec umtimate lift and it riding like a tank, and an ome at 3" that rode smooth.
I am running eibach 2" tho, and thise came from toytec.... so im not totally against.

What do u mean same aal as ome?

Does ome make an aal?
Im only familiar with the dakars which are a leafpack and are made by arb/ome

Back