Tired of the annoying seatbelt chime? Here is the solution.

You can also go to petsmart and buy one of the dog leashes that has the seatbelt attachment and cut it off. Works great on mine

I just did the key/brake dance and shut it off.
Same for the work van, because when rolling around in a restricted area at 5mph didnt quite seatbelt require when jumping in and out of the van.

Same for the work van, because when rolling around in a restricted area at 5mph didnt quite seatbelt require when jumping in and out of the van.

The dance is fine, the problem is when you get it serviced, it will probably default back to the factory setting. This is no big deal if you get the oil changed twice a year and you only have one vehicle. When I was on the job, the Crown Vic "Police Interceptor" had the seatbelt chime. It sucked and you could do the dance, the problem was you were in a different car every night and by the time you got them all turned off, they were serviced and would all be back on again. They really sucked because you couldn't even sit in "park" without the chime going off. Like I'm going to sit for an hour writing a report with the seatbelt on. I did always wear my belt when I was driving, but you spend hours a day idling with the ****ing chime going off and people wonder why cops drink so much.

This brings me to your other point, about going 5mph. The system should be programmed so when you are below, say 5mph, the chime doesn't activate. You're right, you don't need a belt at 5mph when you can RUN 10mph and don't need one for that.

It's like the safety dickheads at work, we are required to face the truck when we get in and out. It's a ****ing foot off the ground and it's steps, not a ladder. So, I asked them if the office workers have to go backwards down the steps to get in and out of the building and the guy just looked at me. Then he said something about 3 points of contact. So I held on to the door with both hands and climbed down the steps on my truck forwards, not backwards like the safety clowns demand, and again, silence. Then I pointed out to him that the flight of steps into the office was a total of about 5 feet in elevation and there was no railing, thus no 3 points of contact, and he didn't know what to say.

What do you expect from people like that when they require all plant and transportation personnel to wear a hard hat on the property "at all times", yet the office workers walk the same areas to and from the building and they aren't even issued lids? I have to wear steel toed boots and I haul SAND! 3 year old girls play on the beach barefoot, but I need armor to protect my from sand. I should trip going forward up the steps due to my cumbersome steel boots and sue all of the motherfuckers.

Rant Off (maybe).

Im at dinner, but i can tell ya my chime never got reset.... new battery, blower flash, nada reset the chime.

I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR and had the dealer turn the chime off at my one month service check.
I wear my seat belt and don't forget it. It's one of my good habits.
I had them do it because when I'm out on forest roads hunting driving at 5-10mph looking to possible stop and jump out it can be very time sensitive or going up or down something that I need to be half hanging out the window to see where my tires are I don't always wear it and that chime is annoying distracting and scares the deer away. :eek:
On my old toyota 4runners and pickups there was a buzzer box and you could just rip it out.
The 2017 you can program them to chime and not chime. The 2016 you couldn't do this. It's one of the little tweaks toyota did from 2016-2017. The light on the dash still blinks.
Didn't cost me anything.
The other thing Im going to see if the dealer can turn off is the door chime. Annoying IMO.
I know my door is open!

What is the dance? It would be nice to turn off the chime while driving around the job site. I always wear my seatbelt when not on the job site.

I would loose something like that. Most of the time I use my seatbelt. When I’m on the job site I don’t, but I don’t and am annoyed by the chime.
I keep them right in the famous square cup holder when not in use. I mainly just use them for when I'm driving on the beach.

Back