Tires and lift questions

bonnell52

Hey everyone, i am new to this and have a alot of questions and not really getting answers when i try to look stuff up on my own.

I have a 2010 4cyl 5 speed 4wd it is all stock but i am wanting to put 33/125.0s on it. My questions are if i put 33/12.50s on it what size lift will i meed to have in order for it not to rub in any way or even when fully compressed? And if i do that will there be any other parts i would need to change so that there isnt alot of stress on the stocks and can the 4cyl handle all of it? Thanks!

I had 285 on a 2008 4 cylinder 5 speed . It worked wasn’t a speed demon or anything but it was fine. Not sure what lift was under it I bought it used

Hey everyone, i am new to this and have a alot of questions and not really getting answers when i try to look stuff up on my own.

I have a 2010 4cyl 5 speed 4wd it is all stock but i am wanting to put 33/125.0s on it. My questions are if i put 33/12.50s on it what size lift will i meed to have in order for it not to rub in any way or even when fully compressed? And if i do that will there be any other parts i would need to change so that there isnt alot of stress on the stocks and can the 4cyl handle all of it? Thanks!
2.5-3” lift would allow 285/75/16. I don’t know about 12.5” wide tires not to many people run that wide of tires on Tacoma’s. What is that a 315/65/17
Why such wide tires?
You’ll need at least a 0 offset and that will put you back to stock backspace but the tires will be sticking out over 2” from stock. You’ll have rubbing no matter what. Maybe a CMC and some cutting/heating/molding in the wheels wells to eliminate most of the rubbing.
If you’re keeping the stock wheels then you’ll want 1.25” wheel spacers to clear the UCA. If you want power to be back to stock change the gears out to 4.88.
If you are ok with a little narrower tire (better in snow and mud) 285/75/16 works well or 285/70/17 if you want more rim less rubber.

Back