Tires and Rims

ianblack11056

I'm up in Canada in the snow belt so I'll be exposed to lots of nastiness in the winter. I will be buying a 2016 Tacoma double cab limited in October. Looking for some advice on tires and rims. Looking for some big meaty tires that look great but fit in a way that I don't have to put a lift kit in. Don't want noise or fuel economy affected. Any suggestions on rims taking into account the limited will have chrome accents. Also have to consider salt and sand used on roads in winter. Any suggestions?

I'm up in Canada in the snow belt so I'll be exposed to lots of nastiness in the winter. I will be buying a 2016 Tacoma double cab limited in October. Looking for some advice on tires and rims. Looking for some big meaty tires that look great but fit in a way that I don't have to put a lift kit in. Don't want noise or fuel economy affected. Any suggestions on rims taking into account the limited will have chrome accents. Also have to consider salt and sand used on roads in winter. Any suggestions?
Lots and lots of water. That's the only way to the salt from doing damage. Tires it depends how much you want to spend.

With a meaty tire your going to have some road noise. May not be a lot but you will have some. Check out cooper tires.

Goodyear MT/R should cover the Canadian winters best without buying a winter tire. Google them for reviews. They will fit stock wheels without a lift kit in both 16 and 17 rims.

I use Goodyear(i think) wrangler duratracks, road noise is noticeable, but not as bad when I had my toyo mts... Haven't used them off road yet but on road they are pretty good

Last edited:
Back