Tires rubbing

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by GUTIERREZ_DANIEL, Sep 12, 2017.

1. I just got some 33" M/T installed on my 2010 tacoma. I'm having an issue with the tires rubbing when I turn. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Cut where it rubs. In your other thread with a pic I see 1st gen wheels which I believe would bring the tires inward (wheel spacers might fix). Do you have any kind of lift?

4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I think you need a 3 inch lift in the front to fit 33s? But not 100% sure on that

5. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Well-Known Member

Cut or get a bigger lift. How big of a lift are you running? I'm at 3" and no cutting needed on my gen 3

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Didn't learn much the first time?... do you still have your white prerunner? What did you do to fix the rubbing issues the first time? New wheels with the lower offset? Wheel spacers? 3"lift? All those will help and if you have any rubbing left then it's time to start heating and molding plastic. Last thing I would do is cut.

http://www.tacomaforum.com/threads/tires-rubbing.3839/

Bogunn likes this.
  7. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Well-Known Member

Dang. A lot of advice from his original thread. Should take heed on the advice.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That was over a year ago.
    I would think a small heed would have been accounted for.

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  9. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

Don't cut, use a heat gun and remold it if you can.

10. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

CHOP cab mounts especially with 33", only way to get rid of rub eeven then it may still rub inner frame rail...