Tires

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Tacoma fan, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Tacoma fan

Tacoma fan Well-Known Member

ok forum members,here's my question:

What brand of tires do you use on your Tacoma:drink:

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Resident Cheapskate Moderator

I'm running Hercules Trail Diggers right now. Too early to give much to report on but so far I really like them. I have also run Goodyear Duratracs. They were great all around tires that lasted for 50,000 miles with tread left to burn. Also had Yokohama Geolandars ATII's. They were meh. Were crap off road and only lasted about 25,000 before they got hard and slick. And of course the infamous Rugged Fails.....

4. DarkShark

DarkShark Just Another Yota

BFG Km2 in a 255/85 Expedition style skinnies. I love the tires in all conditions no complaints at all.
    [​IMG]

5. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

I have 33x12.50 gt radial m/t adventuro's. they grab great in mud but not the greatest in snow
    [​IMG]

6. AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Well-Known Member

BFG All Terrains...

Load Range D's last about 65,000 miles...For the price, they cant be beat...

[​IMG]

7. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

I was considering those for my next set, along with maybe duratracs.

8. ae111black

ae111black Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Been running Bridgestone MT Duelers pretty good so far in all the terrain I tackle. Louder than I expected though :(

9. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

I must admit sometimes i wish i lived in the desert so i could have an excuse to run red letter generals. LOVE the look of those tires.

10. ae111black

Cool! That's the size I wanted to get but I couldn't find anyone here that stocks or wanted to ship this size. I wanted to get the Cooper discovery ST's

11. OP
    Tacoma fan

Tacoma fan Well-Known Member

when i bought my truck they came with Firestone tires that wore out too fast ..so went ahead and switched them out for Michelin's :thumbsup:
    they are workin out great...don't go off road driving as i only have 2 wheel drive:yes:

12. DarkShark

DarkShark Just Another Yota

I got them form Tiresdirect.com I believe(they are on TW). They beat anyone's price and ship for free to your door. Local shops wanted 300-400 more for these tires!

13. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

Currently running my stock dunlop grandtrek at20's, but I want to upgrade and replace these with cooper St Maxx's. Probably going to go with the original size 245/75/16.

14. The Fenwick

The Fenwick Hilbilly

Just ordered a set of Kumho 195-75-R14's for $320.00. I'd love to put some great big mud grapplers on it, but since the truck's only a 2wd, it'd be pointless. :unsure:

15. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

and mud grapplers are the second most annoying road tire, next to swampers :cookiemonster:

16. YotaKid

YotaKid Teen Taco Driver

Makes me glad i didn't end up getting ssr's

17. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

your mileage does too.

as a set of offroad-only tires, theyre awesome. both the SSR and the mud grapplers are pretty great

but as a DD set, they're stupid loud and dont last for crap.

Everyone runs the mud graps and swampers/boggers here just for the looks and sound. Their mileage sucks, theyre loud as *, and most of them are driving down to the indicators.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  18. ae111black

19. BMOC

BMOC ɔoɯq

general grabber red label

20. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

Running P245/75R/16 Firestone Destination All Terrain, didn't have any problems driving in the 22 inches of snow that dumped on us a few weeks ago. Pics are posted where I drove up in the backyard after it dumped. Ran these on my PreRunner as well. Decent Tire for year round. Once I get my lift done I'll buy a 2nd set of bigger tires for romping around in the dirt.

21. ae111black

Destination AT's are excellent tires!