Tonneau cover recommendations

crsn310

I want a tonneau tri fold cover. Any suggestion and reviews? I can get a extang 2.0 or a bakflip g2. If anyone has them. Would be really helpful. It’s for my 2018 Tacoma trd sport

I want a tonneau tri fold cover. Any suggestion and reviews? I can get a extang 2.0 or a bakflip g2. If anyone has them. Would be really helpful. It’s for my 2018 Tacoma trd sport
I had the Bakflip G2 on my Tundra. It was a great cover. What I didn’t like about it they fixed with the MX4.
I recommend the Bakflip MX4.

I’m taking it to a shop that only has a g2. How was your experience with water leaks on the g2?

I’m taking it to a shop that only has a g2. How was your experience with water leaks on the g2?
It was fine. Like any cover it’s going to leak some. It wasn’t anything I couldn’t live with. Get a bed mat that helps a lot. The think I don’t like about the G2 is that you have to open the cover to close the tail gate. The MX4 you can close the tailgate and not have to worry about the covers back rubber seal catching on the tailgate and ruining it.
If that’s all you can get it’s a good cover just lift it and close the tailgate, or close th tailgate first before closing the cover.

That’s the quotation I’m getting. Good or rip off?
Cheapest I see them is $750. Amazon wants $800+. $800 installed isn’t a super deal but you’re not getting ripped off. Did you see if you can find an MX4

Keep in mind that the prop rods for the MX4 are being updated. They showed a new prop rod system at SEMA 2017 that looked pretty cool. I've e-mailed them to find out when they'll be selling the updated models but haven't heard back.

Keep in mind that the prop rods for the MX4 are being updated. They showed a new prop rod system at SEMA 2017 that looked pretty cool. I've e-mailed them to find out when they'll be selling the updated models but haven't heard back.
That’s a nice upgrade. Makes the MX4 even better.

I’ll have a backflip G2 for a dcsb available for sale. It’ll be coming off my truck after 2 months use.

Still like new

$625

Installation takes 20 minutes tops

I’m located in South Pasadena

I’ll have a backflip G2 for a dcsb available for sale. It’ll be coming off my truck after 2 months use.

Still like new

$625

Installation takes 20 minutes tops

I’m located in South Pasadena

Just purchased mine yesterday. If anything else up for grabs. Let me know

Back