Too buy or not buy

Hey Guys,,.need some opinions.
Never leased,had the Dealer tell me I was a great candidate when I traded my F150 In on my 2017 Tacoma. like a dumbass, I also put 12K down on a 36K truck,,just to lower my monthly payments (1st mistake).Dealer gave me 30K for my trade in,,should have bought the taco outright. But again the Dealer preached how Tacoma’s hold there Resale value and assured me with the low mileage I put on a vehicle,I would have a lot of equity in the Taco after leasing for 3 yrs.(2nd mistake). I average about 3 K TOPS per year driving any new vehicle,,have company vehicle that comes home with me,,so looking for everyone’s thoughts,,my lease is up in 5 months.
Again,,,,3 yr lease,,,12K down
Payments,,.....242.42 a month,,,,,Do the math=20,000 for 3 yrs
Buy out is 27,500 plus taxes,tags etc,,estimate around 30k,,give or take
20,000 + 30,000 is around 50K for the truck -=Which just hit 9000 miles.
Now ,,if l buy it,I have a 3 yr old truck ,out of warrenty. Never been off road , only in 4 wheel one snow storm,,,,clean as the day it came off the lot.
What would you guys do?? Looking for some opinions ??

I had an 06 basic SR5 Tacoma with level kit and not TRD with 96K miles on it. I went to dealer thinking I was going to get around $8-$10K at best for trade in. They gave me $13K and didn’t even test drive it lol.

That’s why I never trust dealers – they will tell you only their side of the story, and it is you who will have to pay. When I need to negotiate about money and loans, I try to be as attentive as I can and study every option I get before making a final decision.
I even read reviews online on websites like zumroad.com that provide a comprehensive picture of what is going on in the market and what is the best option I can get.
I usually try to avoid any loans, but there are cases when I just have to take a loan because I need it a lot and cannot continue working without it.

Last edited:
Back