Toyota Cust Sat Fixing Gen3 Super White Paint

MVMike

Well Finally. Toyota is stepping up to their faulty Super White paint jobs on 2016-2022 Tacomas. I received a letter today from Corporate they are going to repaint the doors and fenders free of charge where the paint was peeling around the windows and under the hood along the inside of the fenders. My 16’ was peeling there for the past 3 years. Damn, just sold it a month ago!!! (with its peeling paint) This actually renews my faith in the new Toyota Corporate structure and customer satisfaction group. We’ve got issues over on the new Gen3 Tundra side but I’m confident they will make it right

I had heard a couple months back a class action suit was brought against Toyota for their super white painted trucks.

they ought to take responsibility for the crap coatings used that roadsalt eats right through in no time at all

talking about the crap like the power steering lines on the Gen2, massive crust building upon them
and a bunch of other crap coating of parts used on Gen2 i am finding out all about now

20 years for crust to form? fine!
less than 10 years and under 70k miles?
F that horseshiit

it would apparently seem so!

finely crafted compared to Gen2 junk... time will only tell with the Gen3

although some Gen1s have severe paint issues... to keep on topic lmao
mostly post 2k year models afaik

My tundra steering rack rotted out on top of it where junk got stuck between it and the frame 800 bucks for new rack and labor. I do thing they should dip the frames in zinc or galvanize them would have saved Toyota a shat ton of money even if it cost a grand to do initially!

Back