Toyota Extra Care Platinum Vehicle Service Agreement

OneDog

For those with knowledge or experience with this extended warranty program I’d love to know what you have heard or experienced yourself. The cost is over $4,000 for a 5 year or 100,000 mile coverage and dealer or Toyota will give $4,000 of it back if no claims are submitted over the life.

Let me qualify my statement by first saying I'm not an extended warranty advocate. In my opinion way overpriced and pretty much any vehicle in today's market, except Tesla, should go 100k miles with no major issues with just routine general maintenance. In most cases the extended warranties require 100% dealer service which means following all their recommendations, needed or not. For someone that knows absolutely nothing about vehicles other than turning the key and going they might have a benefit. Every extended warranty, service contract, or whatever the latest catch phrase is, is sold for the purpose of a profit.

Let me qualify my statement by first saying I'm not an extended warranty advocate. In my opinion way overpriced and pretty much any vehicle in today's market, except Tesla, should go 100k miles with no major issues with just routine general maintenance. In most cases the extended warranties require 100% dealer service which means following all their recommendations, needed or not. For someone that knows absolutely nothing about vehicles other than turning the key and going they might have a benefit. Every extended warranty, service contract, or whatever the latest catch phrase is, is sold for the purpose of a profit.

Makes sense. They do make a point of stressing the list of high tech, high repair options on the vehicle you just purchased but I’ve never bought into this. Dont know how many people had them pay off.

I wouldn't, I paid 1500, but I still think that is too high, it shouldn't cost more than 1k
Thats the same price the dealer gave me for the 10 year/100k mile extended warranty. I didn't take it. I've had toyota 4wd pickups since they rolled out in 1979 plus a 78 wolverine. Not one had a major failure after the 3 year/36k mile initial warranty period. Generally if these vehicles are going to have a major failure its within 5 years.

I never buy extended warranties on Toyota vehicles. Invest the money and get better return over the vehicle life.
Now, if it was a Dodge or Chevy a extended warranty might make sense. But, if your want to buy the warranty you can deal on the cost. Example offer 2 k for the same warranty.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I never buy extended warranties on Toyota vehicles. Invest the money and get better return over the vehicle life.
Now, if it was a Dodge or Chevy a extended warranty might make sense. But, if your want to buy the warranty you can deal on the cost. Example offer 2 k for the same warranty.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Invest the $ and grow it, I like the sound of that.

Back