Toyota Tacoma upgrades gone bad

Sup guys I did some upgrades to my 2014 Tacoma SRS Prerunner and since then I find it difficult to control when traveling at speeds 60 or above. I installed 305R16 DC tires and installed a 3in suspension lift. Note: I did not get new suspension so I still have the stock. I feel like im fish tailing at high speeds or when I hit bumps I have to keep both hands on the wheel or I could lose control and go into another lane. Help plz

Sup guys I did some upgrades to my 2014 Tacoma SRS Prerunner and since then I find it difficult to control when traveling at speeds 60 or above. I installed 305R16 DC tires and installed a 3in suspension lift. Note: I did not get new suspension so I still have the stock. I feel like im fish tailing at high speeds or when I hit bumps I have to keep both hands on the wheel or I could lose control and go into another lane. Help plz

Dang that's a big tire for no lift. Are you rubbing anywhere? I have 2" in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear and running 265's.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Did you install the lift or someone else? I would double check everything and make sure it is all how it should be. That is a big tire for only a 3 inch lift so it will handle a lot different than stock.

Check tire pressures. You should set then after doing a chalk test and not by the maximum pressure on the sidewall. Also spacer lifts are crap so I'm sure that's not helping.

I had an auto macanic install everything for me. Someone said I needed spindles what exactly is that?

You have pushed your suspension to the max with spacers and a block lift. Shocks aren't going to help. What would help is a quality lift and te right size tires.

If i where you I would take the Junk Country lift off get rid of it and buy the bilstien adjustables.

If you change it all out lose the spacers. 5100s or OEM will get you close to 3 inches of lift but you'll need new upper control arms. If you drop the spacers and go with spindles you will get 4 inches of lift with stock ride.

I have no issues with my 3" lift. My truck actually handles better at high speeds. It has to be the lift.

2014 TRD, Stage 4 Icon Suspension, Toyo 33 A/T, Method Mesh 16inch Wheels, Apex 30" LED light bar

Back