Toyota training school...

JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... clutched. 351k on the 0D0
would the instructors educate the toyota students in-training on the how-to safely properly remove wiring harnessses such as this?
a pic of the 02 sensor on the Gen7 Corolla attached to the radiator shroud so you can remove the radiator shroud from the vehicle

O2 sensor harness on fan shroud Corolla.jpg

I don't think toyota actually has training schools. They likely have periodic class's for general servicing on various vehicles of theirs. Most of their issues for a vehicle are located in their data base. You learn in auto tech schools the basics how to remove electrical connectors, and such. Pushing a connectors tab to release the other half isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
so THAT type of connector on a wire harness pictured is universal and NOT a toyota branded connector?

I don't think toyota actually has training schools. They likely have periodic class's for general servicing on various vehicles of theirs. Most of their issues for a vehicle are located in their data base. You learn in auto tech schools the basics how to remove electrical connectors, and such. Pushing a connectors tab to release the other half isn't rocket science.

there is NO tab to release that pictured as I found out and it cost me +100$ part to get schooled and now i KNOW whut i KNOW
Tacoma and Corolla and probably all other Toyotas of this vintage have these type throughout in various places, but i am assuming this

Sure looks like a tab to me on that connector thats next to the pink, and black wires in the picture.

Sure looks like a tab to me on that connector thats next to the pink, and black wires in the picture.
So how would you pry it off
I tried everything lmao
Small pick
Pocket screwdriver

Also Never ran across any deets that required a SST

And believe it or believe it not
The YOTA forum I belaboured for help told me he pried at it same way but ended up breaking it
So it must be the proper if you break it
LMAO

Mind you now
I was not disconnecting the O2 sensor from the harness, left it as is
I was disconnecting the harness mount from the shroud
Just to avoid confusion if any is involved

I suspect the removal is very simple.

The small rectangular hole will likely accept a small screwdriver to release a catch then the connector will slide off the mount.

Typically, these things are not complex.

I suspect the removal is very simple.

The small rectangular hole will likely accept a small screwdriver to release a catch then the connector will slide off the mount.

Typically, these things are not complex.
If that is so as gospel fact
Then I would imagine that black piece is available sold separately?

The crank sensor harness I bot due to the learning curve breaking event was all one piece
I am still locating it to pipe in some pics

Mind you now
I was not disconnecting the O2 sensor from the harness, left it as is
I was disconnecting the harness mount from the shroud
Just to avoid confusion if any is involved
I thought you were only disconnecting the o2 sensor. No need to remove the harness from the bracket, but thats probably done as Rock mentioned.

Removing the mount!
This was to remove the shroud with the radiator
Without damage to the harness wires

I tried everything!
sticking picks in that hole and felt around gently
Pry up pry down
Push up
Push out
Nothing!
Until I found the proper way of removal
Like they shoulda done on that O2 harness bracket on the truck before removal of transfer case

Would a pick such as this be the tool you say to stick in that connector hole to poke around see if it disconnects? Slide off or pull off?

IMG_20240417_171627_022.jpg

ummmm.....that'd be a good place to start. Or possibly the other end that is away from the camera.

The pick goes straight through to the other side
And does not appear or feel to catch on anything to pry on get loose

Last edited:
there is most likely NOT a tab
that pick would've likely hung up on something but it feels so smooth inside of that small hole

i am still hunting for the new part crank sensor i bot, where did it go?
where it appears to be one solid piece and not separate pieces

perhaps a special service tool SST that i have not come across in the couple of years of researching this?

Back