Toytec lift? Ride quality an performance?

tires have more impact when they are load range E, and or overfilled.
All terrains/tweeners/street tires shouldnt ride any different.
Muds will, but muds are another animal.

OME have differing rates and lengths, 2 different shocks depending on front end weight.
Toytec offers the 600# and 620# coils made by eibach.

maybe their longer 600# coils are on par with OME now. Im running 620s and say its smoother than stock. Ive ridden in a dbl cab with a 3" OME lift and it felt smooth.

wandering could also be alignment issues, new upper control arms are suggested past 2"..... 2.5" is iffy, and 3" is pretty much neccesary on 2nd gens.
wandering could be inflation as well.

Im sitting at 2" of lift and have ZERO wander, and ZERO groove hunting unless I have the tires filled above 40psi, which is almost never.

Agree, and I am considering lowering from 2 1/2" to 2". I have 33" Nitto Terra Grappler 2 10 ply tires which are running at 36 lbs. which is part of the rougher ride as not a lot of sidewall give. I don't think upper control arms will do much unless you are over 2 1/2" and losing alignment specs. My alignment was done within spec and re-checked by a second shop. I don't think Toytec is the problem, I think anytime you change the factory designed geometry of the suspension you will change ride quality and handling. Unless possibly you spend BIG $$ for top of the line parts and replace more components that the standard lifts.

Agree, and I am considering lowering from 2 1/2" to 2". I have 33" Nitto Terra Grappler 2 10 ply tires which are running at 36 lbs. which is part of the rougher ride as not a lot of sidewall give. I don't think upper control arms will do much unless you are over 2 1/2" and losing alignment specs. My alignment was done within spec and re-checked by a second shop. I don't think Toytec is the problem, I think anytime you change the factory designed geometry of the suspension you will change ride quality and handling. Unless possibly you spend BIG $$ for top of the line parts and replace more components that the standard lifts.
Like the King OEM performance series

Thats not a theory, I just spoke to Micah at DSM.
DSM sells king, tunes king, and sponsors racers of all kinds and services shocks from literally all over the world.

He actually laughed when i explained it was thought somehow the king oem performance series wont change the ride.

Thats not a theory, I just spoke to Micah at DSM.
DSM sells king, tunes king, and sponsors racers of all kinds and services shocks from literally all over the world.

He actually laughed when i explained it was thought somehow the king oem performance series wont change the ride.
I want my ride changed it’s not that great. I’m hoping when I put kings on it makes it better haha.

as for toytec I have gotten wrong info from them before, and so have a few others I can recall.
I have cross referenced DSM with actual manufacturers before and gotten matched info, while toytec has been dead wrong.

Back