Transmision service

Jdtrd2017

Im going to transmission service this week and replace filter and gasket. My question is do i have to put sealant on the pan then gasket. Any advice.

I wouldn't mess with the gen 2 and gen 3 transmissions. They are sealed. You can drain and fill but having the dealer flush it if you haven't gone to far would be best.

no sealant needed, buy a new Gasket
make sure your VERY familiar with the trans fluid check procedure and use World Standard fluid or walk away before you start

they are not "sealed" as in definite.... they are all serviceable, but quicklubes use the terminology so to avoid dicking with the rediculous procedures.

I see a gasket, but no mention of sealant

Attachments

• valve body info.pdf
    157.2 KB · Views: 10
It is a gen2 he's posted pictures of it in other threads. The procedure is a pain in the ass and takes time. Sitting on your back for an hour to drop a pan sucks. What's your time worth?

Mine is due for service but I'm not messing with it I don't have the time. I worked at a Toyota dealer selling parts for about 3 years and became good friends with the master tech. He will be doing the trans service and I won't have to second guess the work.. Well worth the money IMO and saves the head ache... [emoji5]

Back