TRD cool air intake

Anyone have experience with it? Does it make even the slightest difference, combined with a k&n filter...?
On what?
On a 2nd gen 4.0 the newer "trd" intake makes em run lean.

And im sure that k&n/aem built the newer trd intakes for the 1grfe tacoma... so, u would be adding a k&n filter to replace a k&n filter.

If ur talking the OLD trd intake made by afe, then ur fine. Ppl been running the afe style and afe stage 2 si for years without issue.

Cold air filters dont work anyway All newer vehicles have cold air induction. The air comes from the fender well. Don't use oil filled filters(k&n or any other brands) just use a good cotton filter unless you want your maf sensor to get oily and your engine will run like crap and cause the lifespan to be cut in half. The best upgrade you can do without voiding a warranty is a pedal commander and change to steel braided brake lines.

Cold air filters dont work anyway All newer vehicles have cold air induction. The air comes from the fender well. Don't use oil filled filters(k&n or any other brands) just use a good cotton filter unless you want your maf sensor to get oily and your engine will run like crap and cause the lifespan to be cut in half. The best upgrade you can do without voiding a warranty is a pedal commander and change to steel braided brake lines.

Tf is a pedal commander..? Any info on this?

The pedal commander etc changes the amp\volts to the ecu to give the throttle and shifting more response time, it doesn't lie etc to the ecu, just changes the responsiveness. Just YouTube it and watch some of the videos

The pedal commander etc changes the amp\volts to the ecu to give the throttle and shifting more response time, it doesn't lie etc to the ecu, just changes the responsiveness. Just YouTube it and watch some of the videos

Changing the voltage to something that it isn’t is lying. Lol! Piggyback ECUs do the same.

I have a K&N oil air filter can I change that for a cotton filter and do away with the oil filter?

I have a K&N oil air filter can I change that for a cotton filter and do away with the oil filter?

You can but just make sure not to over oil the K&N and it will be fine. I’m still not a fan because the filter media is less dense for more airflow so oil is used to compensate. You gain nothing in the end.

Right...
No, warranty cannot be denied because the dealership is bored. Theres this little magnuson-moss deal.

Right...
No, warranty cannot be denied because the dealership is bored. Theres this little magnuson-moss deal.

That’s still a huge common misconception that dealerships use. I’ve even heard it myself. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act has been around for over 40 years.

Back