TRD Pro worth it?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by doja_khan, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Absolutely. A truck that seats five has enough cup holders for every one to have at least two drinks. They definitely got that part right.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I would like the leather but don’t want a Limited. The power tailgate lock, and auto start would be an awesome implements.

It amazed me they didn’t have the auto headlights too.

4. Boxerdad214

Boxerdad214 Well-Known Member

I think the pro is a one stop shop for factory mods if you want it tricked but don’t want to void your warranty. It’s a hot eye turner for guys like us

Bogunn likes this.
  5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Cannot happen.

6. Boxerdad214

I mean with adding lifts and Major suspension mods

7. whippersnapper02

Cannot happen. They have to prove your mod caused the OEM part to fail and even if it did, they only can refuse to front the costs for the repair. Your warranty isn't just gone.

Bogunn and Boxerdad214 like this.
  8. Boxerdad214

Good to know. 2016 DCOR here we come then

whippersnapper02 and Bogunn like this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Magnuson Moss warranty act. Most people don’t know that about warranties. It’s a great thing.

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  10. whippersnapper02

They will want to fight you though, especially Toyota because their vehicles are perfect (coughbullshitcough), but you have to stand your ground. My driveline vibration that has been an issue since new was blamed on my exhaust. Now I have an extended warranty only my driveshafts.

OR17TRD, Bogunn and Boxerdad214 like this.
  11. Camren Harris

Camren Harris Well-Known Member

True that!

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  12. OP
    doja_khan

doja_khan Active Member

Let’s hear yalls best guesses on what the list price on a diesel Tacoma will be in the next couple years when it comes out.

13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

IMG_0795.JPG

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

15. AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Well-Known Member

Yeah, bet it's wherever the Colorado diesel is priced at the time. Which will probably be about where it is now, if not a couple grand more.

16. whippersnapper02

Not going to happen not matter how much the derzul fappers on TW want it but if it did you would be looking at 50K+. The Colorado is 6K more for the derzul. A full size is more truck for less or the same money depending on options.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    OR17TRD likes this.
  17. OP
    doja_khan

doja_khan Active Member

Installed the knockoff Trd pro grill and some yellow lamin-x film for the fogs, all for a total of $150 I like the way the yellow looks on the fogs, especially with the contrast of the blue drls. IMG_1731.jpg IMG_1732.jpg

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  18. OP
    doja_khan

doja_khan Active Member

I have faith, maybe that will be the one plus to come out of a trump presidency with the leniency on the EPA.

19. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

What's this crazy talk about a Toyota Diesel ?...

doja_khan likes this.
  20. whippersnapper02

Just buy a Prius. Low end torque from the electric motor and better mileage than a derzul.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Bogunn likes this.
  21. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member