TRD Sport vs. TRD Off

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Taco Obsessor, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

In 4L under 10 mph? No thanks.

B-Man and lcarrasco212 like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

The 4lo part sucks lol but its the difference between getting stuck or keep on keeping on. It has saved my butt twice now

Jack Straw and B-Man like this.
  4. lcarrasco212

@Crawdad definitely helps going through dips and creeks with loose dirt. Especially if you have to take them at an angle to clear the bumpers lol Screenshot_20190310-222812~2.jpeg

5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I'm just being an a$$. I've had 2 offroads but until you figure out an "anytime-locker-mod" for the 3rd gen, I have no reason to be jelly. My sport will have lockers on both ends soon enough with some gears to go along with them. For what I paid, I'm not going to complain about not having a locker that I can only use in 4L under 10mph.

B-Man, OR17TRD and lcarrasco212 like this.
  6. lcarrasco212

That part really sucks. I was used to Ford's axle lock. You can engage the locker in 2wd. Pissed me off when the Tacoma wouldn't do it lol

Crawdad and B-Man like this.
  7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Well-Known Member

Where’d you get this, bud?

8. WYJH22

WYJH22 Member

TacoZoë and Jack Straw like this.
  9. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, WY!

Lil G, Taco Obsessor and WYJH22 like this.
  10. tschaeffer17

tschaeffer17 New Member

I have a new TRD sport and am having a light bar installed the hood scoop this week. The pics I have seen look pretty damn awesome

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  11. OP
    Taco Obsessor

Taco Obsessor Well-Known Member

Sports are really cool

WYJH22 and Jack Straw like this.
  12. WYJH22

WYJH22 Member

Post pics when you get it done.

13. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I love my skewp but it can make parking and seeing what's right in front of u a pain sometimes my wife is 5'1"" and she does not like the skewp for that reason ! But she drives it all the time any way lol

14. TorinFoster

TorinFoster Member

Love my sport! Only wished I had the locking diff a time or two, but never been too stuck or left stranded... plus, I have a RZR for when things get real wild... do the offroads come in a long bed?

15. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

RZR.. I would like to have one. I've got a can am Outlander 4wheeler that gets the job done though!

16. warakesTaco

warakesTaco Well-Known Member

lMAO

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and Jack Straw like this.
  17. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Yes off roads come in long bed.

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  18. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I had one... :(
    66126C8E-D238-4FFB-A4A0-BAC80E0D9299.jpeg

19. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

OR17TRD, Crawdad, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

But now he got one of dem dere' T-undras! :) Dancing-Gif-with-Meme-Images-1.gif

21. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Yeah to bad.

Scott Wyman likes this.