Truck shakes at 20 to 30 miles an hour.

2016 Tacoma off road has a shake at 20 up to 30 miles per hour. Took it to the dealership and they told me my torque Converter was bad. Then they added to it saying my transmission was shot. Vehicle was out of warranty by 15000 miles. However they did all repairs under warranty. I was very happy because that would have been $6000. When I got my truck back it ran fine and then 3 days later it started doing the same thing. I have had Tacoma trucks in the past And I have felt this shake before but they were adamant it was the transmission. I suggested that they entertain me and lift the vehicle and Greece all of the universal joints. Problem solved however I do think I will need to replace them.

Maybe the transmission cooler is faulty and leaking into the transmission. :eek:
The trans cooler leaking into the trans would has trans fluid in the trans, major issue?

I was thinking the internal trans cooler portion of the radiator has a leak and the coolant and trans fluid are mixing.

Then maybe it is going thru the secondary trans cooler and throwing cooled strawberry milkshake around?

The trans cooler leaking into the trans would has trans fluid in the trans, major issue?

I was thinking the internal trans cooler portion of the radiator has a leak and the coolant and trans fluid are mixing.

Then maybe it is going thru the secondary trans cooler and throwing cooled strawberry milkshake around?
That’s what I was getting at. If he has the tow package those systems are linked. Maybe there is a failure somewhere else within that system and it will happen again because that wasn’t replaced.

Every trans cooler I had was just a mini radiator sealed within the transmission system separate from the real radiator. No crossover to coolant at all.

Am I too old school?

I gotta look at mine but is the trans cooler on a Yoda integrated with the radiator but still a separate system? I’m thinking split seam.
I’ll see what I got after I actually get out of bed. (Night shifter [emoji849])

I gotta look at mine but is the trans cooler on a Yoda integrated with the radiator but still a separate system? I’m thinking split seam.
I’ll see what I got after I actually get out of bed. (Night shifter [emoji849])

Pretty sure it's like most other vehicles, trans fluid goes thru sep part of radiator and then if u have tow package, a secondary/standalone cooler is mounted in front of the radiator.

Most of the time when the in the radiator transmission coolers fail, they leak after you shut the truck off during the hot soak, when pressure in the cooling system is highest.

Back