Type of oil

redsman92

In fear of being called a dumbass in person, I’m opting for being called “dumbass” behind my key board lmao. Apparently the 2014 Tacoma takes conventional oil. I have never owned a vehicle that took conventional, they have all taken synthetic. I did my last oil change and used synthetic. My question is, should I go back to conventional or just stick with synthetic oil. Any help or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

-college coach always told me if I’m gonna be dumb then I’m gonna be strong. Not sure if this applies here, my point being I tend to learn everything the hard way. Thanks again.

X2 to what Whip said. ^
No harm in switching back and forth (but why would you?) Can't remember if you need 5-20 or 5-30, but whatever it is, don't stray from those numbers.

Mobil 1 , 0w20 every 8 k . Check level every other week or so , add Lucas synthetic Oil Stabilizer.

2014/ 4.o doesn't take 0W20.
It will take what ever you put in it ! Now if y'all don't want better fuel mileage and excellent Lubrication then , run vegatable oil and a sand filter ...... Just ignore the sounds & smoke... It's not to tricky .... Hmm, not sure 'bout y'all ...

5w-30. Check oil fill cap and in the door or under the hood on a sticker. Owners manual. Internet.
Now if the Dealership said to run 50/50 sand mix with the oil would you ? I'm sure.....[emoji117] [emoji123] please let me know how it goes, [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Back