Undercoating frame with LineX to stop rust.

Undercoating is bad unless it's done from the factory new, reason, on older vehicles a powerwashing will not take rust off down to bare metal. That coating they put on will seal in any rust that is there and it will continue to eat away at the metal. That's also why they offer to "touch-up" cheap annually.

The sealant may lock out salt, dirt and moisture that cause rust, but it also locks in any that is already there. I notice it also says "visible areas" and no warranty, not a good selling point for me. There is more to a frame than just "visible area".

Case in point on older metal cars you can see rust forming under a new paint job, i.e. paint is bubbling up. That means that paint job wasn't done right since rust is forming under it.

Undercoating is bad unless it's done from the factory new, reason, on older vehicles a powerwashing will not take rust off down to bare metal. That coating they put on will seal in any rust that is there and it will continue to eat away at the metal. That's also why they offer to "touch-up" cheap annually.

The sealant may lock out salt, dirt and moisture that cause rust, but it also locks in any that is already there. I notice it also says "visible areas" and no warranty, not a good selling point for me. There is more to a frame than just "visible area".

Case in point on older metal cars you can see rust forming under a new paint job, i.e. paint is bubbling up. That means that paint job wasn't done right since rust is forming under it.

Everything you said is true, after I posted it I found a thousand others through a search that basically said the same thing.

Have you heard anything bad about "Fluid Film" (Brand name) . This seems to me to be a "Wax" type coating. There are some u tube videos on it by individuals for a year or so but nothing substantial like 8 or 10 years. Anything less is just speculative as a rust preventive.
If the Dam factory would just offer "Hot dipped Galvanised like they used to everything would be fine.

Back