Undercoating

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by donkhunt, Dec 8, 2016.

1. donkhunt

donkhunt Member

Which undercoating do you's feel is better dripless or krown and why?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TDay1975

TDay1975 New Member

I had Krown applied last October. It dropped a lot for a while, which was fine since I was renting my place. Probably wouldn't have been so happy if it were my OWN driveway. However, they warn you about the drips when it is applied.
    It's only been a few months, but I like how easy the undercarriage cleans up when I run it through the car wash. I just get a little cocky when I see folks with their doors rusting off, and I know mine won't.
    I didn't use an undercoating because I've heard that it can chip, get moisture under the coating, and rust the metal without you ever seeing until there's a major problem.

4. Luckydog

Luckydog Member

Undercoating may block drain holes encouraging rust

5. randdaman7

randdaman7 New Member

6. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Fluid Film is another viable option as well.

Bogunn likes this.
  7. pondman

pondman Member

Drummond American Outlast is what I use it's Bullet proof. And will keep your Yoda rust free , nobody likes a rusty Yoda !
    Your Velcome ......!

Bogunn likes this.