Upgraded sound system?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by tacotommy, Jul 31, 2020.

1. tacotommy

tacotommy Well-Known Member

Anybody have any recommendations for speaker upgrades? Don't really want a subwoofer, those days are over.

Scott Wyman and William_Booher like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacomaLance

TacomaLance Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with recommendations from Crutchfield. They have many speaker options. Many price options as well.

Scott Wyman, OR17TRD and B.C. like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Scott Wyman likes this.
  5. Gottorq

Gottorq Member

I did the OEM Audio + in the wife’s 4Runner. I went that way due everything being -lug and play, install went smoothly and love the clarity of it. Depending on how the Taco is when I get one, I may do it again.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  6. Glenn Swords

Glenn Swords Member

I did the kicker upgrade and with the Entune radio they sound really good. make sure you upgrade the tweeters with the kickers also and you can find a set of tweeters for a Subaru that will fit just fine. crutchfield is the best place to get the front and rear speakers and search ebay for amazon for the tweeters

7. jdr3366

jdr3366 Well-Known Member

Kickers and, while you're at it, attach the black sticky sound reading pieces to the doors.