Upgrading to fox shocks

MotoJJ

I was looking at the fox 2.0 performance series coil overs and rear shocks (without reservoir). The total would be around $1000 flat. My dad bought new stock bilstien shocks but they don't preform well in the desert. I was wondering if anyone knows how good they are for the price and compared to any other shocks on the market. Also how they preform in small whoops and bumps.

Thanks

I run 2.5 extended travel resi up front and 2.0 resi FJ shocks out back. I have not taken my truck out on whoops yet but I can say that mid travel is still mid travel. I am slightly disappointed in performance but I believe I was expecting more out of what I bought however I am more confident going faster offroad than I was with stock suspension. Be prepared to strap the front suspension.

As far as brands go they are all somewhat similar. Icon has digressive valving instead of progressive valving. What that means is that valving is stiffer at slow suspension travel speeds and loose at high travel speeds. Fox shocks are known to corrode in high salt areas but it isn't an issue in my area. King is pretty much race ready. All 3 brands are rebuildable while the Billies are not.

Those Foxes will be better than the Billies but again you still have mid travel. If I were to do it again I would have saved for long travel.

I was looking at the fox 2.0 performance series coil overs and rear shocks (without reservoir). The total would be around $1000 flat. My dad bought new stock bilstien shocks but they don't preform well in the desert. I was wondering if anyone knows how good they are for the price and compared to any other shocks on the market. Also how they preform in small whoops and bumps.

Thanks

I haven't gotten around to doing anything to my Tacoma, but I had upgraded my upper control arm and coil over to Total Chaos and King on my Titan. No real travel change, other than just leveling the stance. The value I found in it was the valving was way superior compared to stock. Had a much more controlled compression and rebound stroke. Basically much more Cush ride in medium chop, and much less bounce.

Oh yeah, king and fox are virtually the same. Two totally upstanding companies with awesome quality.

it all depends on what you want to do

as whipper said, they'll be better than stock/billies, but you won't be hitting anything big or fast

I'm running extended fox 2.5" remote resis upfront with AP UCA's. Theyre definitely an upgrade, but I wouldn't hit the big stuff.

if you want the des fun, save up for a bike or full long travel

Ill offer you $50.00 for all four shocks and struts if they are good condition bilsteins still and pay shipping!!post pics!rambo

Back