USB Music

Gadget

Does anyone know what size USB does the Entune system read? I have a large old huge stick and it played songs from it just fine. But I got a low profile 16GB stick so it would not be sticking out of dash and it does not seem to work formatted with Fat or Fat 32.

Thanks,

M

So far only a 1gb & 2gb have worked. Tried 4gb and 16gb which don't work. I have a Entune Premium Audio system. I copied the same mp3 files to each disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Manual does not say what size USB can be used.

M

I have a 64 gb make sure you have it formatted to fat 32. I had to download a utility to format it with windows 10. also 320 kbs is the highest bit rate that will work with mine

Well I have the exact music files on each so I don't believe it is the music. I looked at the 2 that worked and they are fat 16. The ones that do not work are fat 32. Very puzzling...

M

Update - I finally figured it out. When you format the USB stick you HAVE TO use the Scheme: Master Boot Record (MBR). The default for FAT32 is Scheme: GUID Partition Map.

usb.jpg

Back