V6-Timing chain or belt?

Series6

I forgot if I asked this already. Do the V sixes have timing belts that require replacement or timing chains or timing gears? I’m getting close to 100,000 miles on mine and I wonder if it’s something I need to be concerned with at this point? 100 years ago I had a Nissan V6 that had a belt and that went bad on me one day. Don’t want to repeat the problem.

My guess would be a chain
But just drive it until the wheels fall off :)
Are you going to get a fancy 100,000+ high mileage club magnet to slap on the rear?

Idk, about what series toyota v6 is in your truck, but the 3.5 v6 thats in several different toyota, and lexus vehicles has a timing chain.

The Gen2 4.0L (1GR-FE) engine has timing chains.

You didn't specify which engine you have. So, I'm making a guess that it has chains & gears.

I wasn’t aware this is a real thing. Still going to have to decline. At 100,000 miles it’s just getting broken and I’m concerned it would be a theft target at that point.

if i park for a long spell, off it comes and into the cab
can't wait to get the 400,000+ edition!

Last edited:
Idk, stickers only meant something to me when I was getting free stuff from those guys when I was racing motocross back in the day.

Idk, stickers only meant something to me when I was getting free stuff from those guys when I was racing motocross back in the day.
you don't put all of those collected patches on yer headliner like i see the cool people doing?

Back