Valve cover gasket replacement parts?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by vwgtiturbo, Oct 22, 2018.

1. vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Well, after I get around to researching the proper method of cleaning my engine, I plan to replace my valve cover gaskets (one is visible leaking). Are there any other parts that either a) require replacement as part of the maintenance, or b) are recommended to be replaced since I'll already be there?

As always, thanks in advance!

Edit: forgot... '05 Prerunner 4.0

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

How many miles are on it?

4. OP
    vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

Just turned 165k this morning, after life changes recently increased my monthly mileage to about 3k/month :-( There are a host of things I'm chasing down now, but I won't talk any trash about her; she's been good to me for 13+ years :) (well, and she STILL runs, just not optimally hahaha).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018