Valve stem

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by John dev, May 5, 2019.

1. John dev

John dev Well-Known Member

Sup guys
    I just ordered set of rims and tires
    But it doesnt come with the sensored valve like what i have on my Toyota

Can i use regular valve stem
    Or i need to use toyota sensor valve stem

The guy i ordered it from suggested i removed the valve stem on the original tires and put it on the new wheels

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Well-Known Member

You should have the original valve stems switched over to your new rims. If not, your tire pressure light will remain on. It’s a cheap switch at Discount Tire.

4. OP
    John dev

Are those things expensive?
    I wanna be able to use my stock tires at any given time also

5. VBTacoma

I had new tires put on my wife’s Sequoia and it needed new stems. They charged $20 each stem.

6. OP
    John dev

You bought the stem at the dealership?

7. VBTacoma

No, I got the stems at Discount Tire. The old stems had died, so I bought new stems when I got new tires. They were cheap and programmed to the truck for $20 each.

John dev likes this.
  8. OP
    John dev

I need to get the same valve stem as the stock one so their both the same no need to program i guess