Very slight vibration

rwa930

Slight shudder on take off on my 2009 TRD Sport (100,000) when I bought it, it’s so slight you have to pay close attention. So I had the plugs changed, transmission fluid changed with filter and drive line checked out ok. The guy said drive for a week and see, I still feel the shudder but there is nothing wrong that he could find. He said it wasn’t a worry and come back in a week and he would test drive with me. The only other option was a drive shaft balance, but not sure I want to spend the additional money if nothing is wrong. Thoughts.

I’m having the same issue in my 2010 but at 40 mph. I’ve had in the dealership twice. Had the transmission flushed along with several other things. They can’t pin point the issue to a specific part, so they told me to keep driving it until it’s more pronounced. Luckily it’s under warranty so they will get it back when it’s worse by me driving it in or it arriving on a flatbed. Is yours lifted? If so, have you tried the center bearing drop kit? I’ve heard of a lot of people solving the problem with that. I tried it and it didn’t help.

No lift, thanks for the response ! Mine is just at take off and lasts 2 or 3 seconds, if I take off real real slow it doesn’t seem to manifest itself. [emoji41]

Slight shudder on take off on my 2009 TRD Sport (100,000) when I bought it, it’s so slight you have to pay close attention. So I had the plugs changed, transmission fluid changed with filter and drive line checked out ok. The guy said drive for a week and see, I still feel the shudder but there is nothing wrong that he could find. He said it wasn’t a worry and come back in a week and he would test drive with me. The only other option was a drive shaft balance, but not sure I want to spend the additional money if nothing is wrong. Thoughts.

Does the truck have wheel spacers?

No wheel spacers no modification on the truck that I can see

I had a 2nd gen 2006 Tacoma and had wobble around 50-60 mph. Drove me nuts for a long time and found that the front and back had 1” spacers (non hub centric) because the wheels did not fit the hub. 6 lug wheels but the hub was for a Ford or something lol

No lift, thanks for the response ! Mine is just at take off and lasts 2 or 3 seconds, if I take off real real slow it doesn’t seem to manifest itself. [emoji41]
This is my exact issue in my 2014. Iv done plugs, coils, trans fluid, shudder guard etc w no improvement. Interesting.

@Redeye797 Check the carrier bearing. These frequently cause vibrations and tend to be a hidden cause.

The prop shaft should be able to move around in the bearing about 1/4" or less. If more, consider replacing.

Balancing the prop shaft is more likely to lighten your wallet than solve the problem.

Back