Void warranty

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by bradfish, May 30, 2019.

1. bradfish

bradfish New Member

I’m looking at purchasing a 2019 Tacoma but the dealership is saying that lifting it will void the factory warranty.

Tacomania likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Malicious Mike

Malicious Mike Well-Known Member

My dealership is installing a levelling kit and offers a lifetime powertrain warranty...

B-Man likes this.
  4. Malicious Mike

I'd check with another dealership.

B-Man likes this.
  5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

That dealership sucks. Lifting doesn't void warranty. If the aftermarket part causes an OEM part to fail, they won't replace the OEM part but still doesn't void warranty.

6. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

What @whippersnapper02 said, plus you are not "lifting" you are upgrading your susspension. Lifting is when you body lift.

B-Man and Jack Straw like this.
  7. Malicious Mike

I looked into "lemon law" and found out "offroad" vehicles are not covered. I also read where people were told their Jeep vehicles were not covered by warranty, because they actually took them offroad.

B-Man likes this.
  8. Jumper

Jumper Active Member

I installed a leveling kit and my dealer hasn't mentioned anything about it.

Malicious Mike likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Toyota is staring to say that lifting their trucks can effect the TSS-P and making people sign waivers if the system fails or doesn’t work its on you. They are even trying to say just going up one tire size is voiding any warranty on those parts. Something to think about with these new vehicles and the TSS-P

10. Jumper

Jumper Active Member

I guess if you went higher I could understand the TSS not working properly but mine has continued to work just fine

Tacomania and OR17TRD like this.
  11. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Yay for no TSS-P!!!

Tacomania, OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  12. Malicious Mike

Pedestrian shouldn't have been in the middle of the road anyhow...

Bogunn, MamaTurtle27, B-Man and 3 others like this.
  13. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

So has mine. They had a recall on the system and a lot of dealers weren’t fixing it if the truck was lifted or even had larger tires on it. They were making people sign a waiver before they would do the recall. The waiver said you released all liability of the system not working currently because of aftermarket parts.

Tacomania likes this.
  14. Jumper

Jumper Active Member

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

m8t166 and OR17TRD like this.
  15. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

So if you have a 3” lift and then upgrade from the standard Off Road grill to the Pro grill....Wouldn’t you have effectively removed the delta and placed the sensor close to its original location? Just a thought.

I have the stupid “factory leveling kit” at this point, so I will be interested to see if they try to say anything. May be hood that I put off new suspension for a couple of months :).

16. Crawdad

Random thoughts.... call me crazy but doesn't the TRD Pro ride an inch or two higher than other models of Tacoma... and I'm guessing that it also has the TSS-BS?

Therefore I call shenanigans on Toyota for saying this stupid crap about voiding warranty and making people sign waivers...

Tacomania and B-Man like this.
  17. Crawdad

How on earth did the human race survive the last 100+ years without vehicles that try to control themselves???

18. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I’m assuming our parents. Remember you were probably like me and rode standing in the seat or in the back of a truck. I’m surprised we’re not more screwed up than we already are. This whole world is messed up imho. You have to use brakes and parallel park. I totally don’t get all the sensors and bs they put on new vehicles.

19. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

What they're really trying to do is get the sensors to work in all weather no matter what. They can't figure out how to get them to work on rainy or snowy days. Self driving cars dont work in bad weather strictly because the sensors don't work. Self driving cars are only good for nice sunny days, till you hit a sunspot, then opps, sorry my computer crashed youre car.

Tacomania, OR17TRD and Malicious Mike like this.
  20. Malicious Mike

Government raises safety requirements more and more, just like mpg requirements...I wish Trump would reverse some of that...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    B-Man likes this.
  21. Coyote501

Coyote501 Active Member

Before you install a lift kit, drive the truck for a month or so. I thought I would want to lift my '19. But after having it a month, nope, no need. She's tall enough. Of course it depends on the mods you want to do.

spysir, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.