VOLANT 18635 COLD AIR INTAKE KIT 2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA 3.5L

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Snodevil11, May 30, 2018.

1. Snodevil11

Snodevil11 New Member

VOLANT 18635
    CLOSED BOX COLD AIR INTAKE KIT 2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA 3.5L 959-18635.jpg 959-18635_2.jpg 959-18635_3.jpg 959-18635.jpg 959-18635_2.jpg 959-18635_3.jpg
    PART NUMBER: 959-18635 Brand NEW!

This is a newly released item! Just arrived via ups hot off the manufacturing line. There is even a waiting period to get your hands on one.

I aquired this hoping to fit it on my cousins 4runner as a gift. While it was on its way I found out it wouldnt fit. It will only fit the 3.5 tacoma. Im a Jeep guy, so it does me no good.

I realize im new here. If you need reference... I have 100% ratings on ebay, greatlakes4x4, jeepforum, pirate 4x4, ect.

Description: Eliminate your restrictive factory air box, filter, and intake tube. In their place, install one of the Volant Pro-5 closed box air intake kits. They house a high-flow Volant air filter that is cleanable and reusable. Being an enclosed system, the Pro-5 keeps your engine quiet at cruising speeds, but still allows it to roar to life when you stomp on the gas. This design protects the filter and ensures that colder air is pulled in from the fender instead of the engine bay--resulting in more horsepower and torque. These intake units are factory-tuned, and everything you need for installation is included. Volant Pro-5 kits are available for fitment on a variety of makes and models.

Brand:Volant
    Manufacturer's Part Number:18635
    Part Type:Air Intake Kits
    Product Line:Volant Pro-5 Closed Box Air Intake Kits
    Summit Racing Part Number:VNT-18635

UPC: 847466017230
    Tube Color: Black
    Tube Material: Plastic
    Filter Color: Blue
    Air Intake Filter Material: Cotton gauze
    Sleeve Color: Black

Fits:

2017 TOYOTA TACOMA
    CC: 3456Liter: 3.5SubModel: TRD PROEngineType: V6 ( 3.5 L / 3456 CC )
    2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    EngineType: ALLSubModel: TRD OFF-ROAD
    2017-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    EngineType: ALLSubModel: TRD SPORT
    2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    EngineType: ALLSubModel: TRD PRO
    2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    CC: 3456Liter: 3.5SubModel: SREngineType: V6 ( 3.5 L / 3456 CC )
    2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    EngineType: ALLSubModel: LIMITED
    2016-2018 TOYOTA TACOMA
    CC: 3456Liter: 3.5SubModel: SR5EngineType: V6 ( 3.5 L / 3456 CC )
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA
    CC: 3456Liter: 3.5SubModel: TRD SPORTEngineType: V6 ( 3.5 L / 3456 CC )

Retail is $325

Get it today with no wait for less...

New in box,

$250 + the ride from 48085

Text or call 248-561-7220 for a faster responce.

View attachment 2733753 View attachment 2733754 View attachment 2733755

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

4. OP
    Snodevil11

Snodevil11 New Member

I cant answer that for sure, Im a jeep guy and dont know much about toyotas. But I dont know why this intake would make your truck run lean. I doubt it as it looks to have locations to transfer over you factory sensors properly. I personally have a volant intake on my jeep and it does an excellent job. I am very happy with it.

As far as a waiting list, im not sure... I just know when I recieved it last week, there was a couple week or so wait to recieve your order from a vendor like summit racing when I looked it up.

5. Bojangles

Because the prior generation did just that.
    The sensors are calibrated for a certain tube diameter, and when the diameter of the tube is changed or the sensor is moved, it can cause incorrect reading due to faster or slower airflow despite the quantity not being more or less... just faster or slower based on diameter.

Same with 2nd gen "trd" (aem/k&n made) intake.

6. Bojangles

Think cfm vs psi

7. OP
    Snodevil11

Snodevil11 New Member

Gotcha...

Well, I guess if you are worried about it, I would put a call in over to a Volant tech to see what they say about the issue.

Bojangles likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Lmao, they wont address it.
    So i guess we will leave it as, nobody knows if this intake causes lean conditions which could blow up the engine.

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

:eek:

10. OP
    Snodevil11

Snodevil11 New Member

Not sure, but it does say " These intake units are factory-tuned". So maybe they designed it to retain the factory length, dia and placement of sensors to address that issue. Which is why I said to call a tech there to verify...
    Who knows, maybe they are aware of the issue and resolved it in their design.

Or possibly the third gens dont have the issue the 2nd gens do to begin with???

Also, what about a tuner? Doesn't the aftermarket offer some kind of tuner for the yotas that would allow a change to the factory tune to match the intakes offered in the aftermarket?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  11. Bojangles

Contact ovtune.
    I dont turd gen

OR17TRD likes this.