VW Beatle Dies... slug bug!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OR17TRD, Sep 13, 2018.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

These little cars have always been a part of my life in one one or another... Remember road trips... Slug bug!!
    R.I.P. Beetle: After 70 years, VW’s iconic car will officially die in 2019

https://apple.news/ASigUc4WdRjK1qO_qv1_FZQ

lcarrasco212, Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

The newer beetles are junk.. But not the older ones

Bojangles, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’m with @kp.taco. The older ones were pretty indestructible and iconic. They quit making the originals in 2003.
    The newer models were kinda like a high school girls car.
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/last-classic-vw-beetle-rolls-off-the-line

DEERTAY, Bojangles, Crawdad and 2 others like this.
  5. OP
    OR17TRD

I remember the 60’s and 70’s ones on road trips yelling slug bug and punching each other in the arms when we saw them. Haha

Bojangles, B-Man, Crawdad and 2 others like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Absolutely man. It was a part of growing up.

7. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I really love those little cars. We had a few growing up but they didn't have bodies and they had roll cages. Those engines are just so dang simple and cool.. I still have a tube frame with the transaxle under it it grown up in a briar patch in the field at Dad's house in LA. Haha

8. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

It was “punch buggy no punch back “ yelled out as you punched in our cahhhs !

9. OP
    OR17TRD

Any reason to punch each other and not get in trouble.

10. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

You could get some good, cheap horsepower out of them with the 92mm kit from JC Whitney. Ran one as a parking lot rat for back and forth to work.

Crawdad likes this.