Wandering, Swaying

Kevin0704

I have a 08 crew cab TRD OFF ROAD Toyota Tacoma.... its wanders, sways while driving down the road? Feels like it's going down the road sideways or as if a wheel is lose? I've checked lugs, front end, etc and can't find anything out of the ordinary? It also has like a high pitch whining noise also? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a 08 crew cab TRD OFF ROAD Toyota Tacoma.... its wanders, sways while driving down the road? Feels like it's going down the road sideways or as if a wheel is lose? I've checked lugs, front end, etc and can't find anything out of the ordinary? It also has like a high pitch whining noise also? Any help would be much appreciated.
Is it lifted?
Last alignment?
I concur with checking the tire pressure, but the door jamb pressure is for stock size and brand tires only, and even then i believe is too low and set by toyota as a nice pressure to make it ride like a car and doesnt takeninto account any added on weight.

Always always check tire psi cold as well.

While there , check tires for blistering or any other odd signs.

If your truck is lifted with oversize tires it will wonder a little on highways. The more lift the more it will wander. Also, try more air than recommended. I have over-sized tires and run 35 lbs. Makes a difference.

Last edited:
If it's windy out it'll push you left and right on the road... don't know where you live but in central Texas the wind never stops...

Back