want to add HID to my taco

Vypr

Hey all!
I have had HID in my wrx for years and these crappy stock bulbs look awful!!
How is HID performance in the non projector housing?
Also, what kit would you guys recommend. I want to do the headlights and fogs.

HIDs as with anything, you get what you pay for. That's not to say that going out and blowing money on the most expensive kit is what you should do. I know several guys running kits from EBAY that were around $50-$75 and have had no trouble out of them. Biggest thing to look for in my opinion is a ballast that's fully potted. Just about every "slim-line" ballast is and makes a huge difference in the life of the kit due to vibration resistance and protection from moisture. Light output on a projector is usually more focused and will project longer but I've always found it makes field of vision more narrow. As long as you don't exceed a 50w ballast you shouldn't have any problems with running the kit in factory headlights. The smaller the light housing the more focused the heat is going to be so I might stay around 35w on the fogs.

Make sure U get them professionally installed, mine are just banging around under the hood. Not to mention they blind everyone in the road. High beams have also gone out. But they still are worth it haha

Back