Weight of truck

PacoDevo

Didn't realize how light my truck was compared to my '07 Tundra till yesterday. Went to work up in the snow belt near Lake Erie - about 5-6" on the ground. Roads were clear, but not the driveway to the landowner. It had been driven on already though. I was going up a slight upgrade and stopped at his brothers house - he had pulled off onto another drive for me to pass. Put it into drive to go past, just spun the tires; reverse, the same thing. Had to put it into 4x4 to back downslope and into his mothers drive. I knew the truck was lighter...I had already swiped 2, 50lb. sand bags from my son's Ranger a few weeks ago!!! I had bought them anyway. I guess I will need at least 2 more bags for the bed above the rear axle (he should have 2 more also) so I don't need the 4x4 as often. But, that is the reason for owning a 4x4 - situations like this in NE Ohio/NW pa.

Didn't realize how light my truck was compared to my '07 Tundra till yesterday. Went to work up in the snow belt near Lake Erie - about 5-6" on the ground. Roads were clear, but not the driveway to the landowner. It had been driven on already though. I was going up a slight upgrade and stopped at his brothers house - he had pulled off onto another drive for me to pass. Put it into drive to go past, just spun the tires; reverse, the same thing. Had to put it into 4x4 to back downslope and into his mothers drive. I knew the truck was lighter...I had already swiped 2, 50lb. sand bags from my son's Ranger a few weeks ago!!! I had bought them anyway. I guess I will need at least 2 more bags for the bed above the rear axle (he should have 2 more also) so I don't need the 4x4 as often. But, that is the reason for owning a 4x4 - situations like this in NE Ohio/NW pa.

Yeah... roughly 1,200lbs of difference in the two. It will take some getting used to but Tacoma’s truly are the most capable 4x4 I’ve ever owned. Might just have to use 4WD a little more than your used to.

I came from a 2007 Tundra crewmax Limited Off-road to a 2017 Tacoma TRD off road. I use 4wd every chance I get.

I would have just put a bunch of snow in the back maybe ack.it down and put more in if you needed that much weight. But i guess sand bags are more.conveinient. less work.

Back