Weird electrical issue 2015 Taco

jwedholm

Driving up a muddy cart path and started to slide back. Applied the brakes then the dash lights came on and the truck shut off. Came to a rest put the transmission in park turned off the key and the turned the key and she started normally..... anyone ever have rhis happen?

Full tank and in 2wd Not in 4wd. Was going to turn the switch to 4wd once i started slipping but never got the chance

I asked if you are 4wd low because it is very easy to stall an auto if you roll back in low range. It is still possible to stall it rolling in high range.

If the truck starts and drives normal the. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I asked if you are 4wd low because it is very easy to stall an auto if you roll back in low range. It is still possible to stall it rolling in high range.

If the truck starts and drives normal the. I wouldn’t worry about it.
Interesting. I never would have thought that but i guess it makes sense. A manual transmission would do the same if the application of the clutch were too light. I will try to duplicate next time i'm out.
Thanks

Interesting. I never would have thought that but i guess it makes sense. A manual transmission would do the same if the application of the clutch were too light. I will try to duplicate next time i'm out.
Thanks

Yes. In this case you spin the impeller in the torque converter backwards which will slow the turbine that directly connected to the engine.

Back