What adders first

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by manual tacoma, Oct 10, 2018.

1. manual tacoma

manual tacoma Member

I just purchase a 18 taco TRD sport w/ manual trans. I’m looking to get a bed mat and the 3 in black running boards from toyota. But am having a hard time with the cost for a step and mat. For those that have them are they worth the price. Those 2 items alone would be 500.

Thanks
    Manual Tacoma

Crawdad likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You can get the bed mat cheaper online than at the dealer. The OEM will still go for around $100 though. Look at the DeeZee bed mats if you want to save money. They’re about $25-30 cheaper.
    As far as side steps, if you want to save money get a set off eBay and Rhino Line them. I did it on my ‘17 Sport I had and they were made as well as any.

manual tacoma likes this.
  4. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome! 17 Sport Manual here! Post some pics!

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I can say the bed mat is worth the $100-110. I don’t know about the side steps. Welcome to the forum.

manual tacoma and Bogunn like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

A bed mat is 100% worth the purchase. If you never buy anything else that’s a purchase that should be made.

manual tacoma, OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

X2......bed mat is a great thing to have.

manual tacoma and Bogunn like this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

And a 12 volt solutions remote start.

B-Man likes this.
  9. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Oh, heck yeah! That remote start is great! Easy install.....and couldn't beat the price they offered!

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It couldn’t be any easier to install. They make a great product.

B-Man likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You have one on the OR yet?

Bogunn likes this.
  12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I think so too.....comes with a 1 year warranty......thinkin' 'bout gettin' the ifetime warranty for the $50

Bogunn likes this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yup. Got the truck July 26th and put a remote starter on it July 30th. Ordered one the night I bought it.

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.