What are the first mods I should do to my 1999 Tacoma prerunner xtracab?

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by E.G.R, Apr 15, 2018.

1. OP
    E.G.R

E.G.R Member

Guys I wanted to ask something else, my truck makes this weird noise when I turn the steering wheel fully to the left or right. What could it be? And it also turns on weird. Like the engine is forcing itself to turn on. What could it be?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Sounds like your simply putting a strain on the power steering pump. Can’t really say without audio.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t ever turn the wheel full lock.

5. OP
    E.G.R

E.G.R Member

Do y’all know where I can find door seals for the 99 Tacoma? Like the seals that go around the windows, because all I hear is wind coming in at high speeds or is it something else

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

There should be a TSB on it. Might contact the dealer and see if it’s something they are fixing for free.

Bogunn and E.G.R like this.
  7. OP
    E.G.R

E.G.R Member

Oooh alright then, thank you.